Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hey, Blog. Remember Me?

*tap tap tap*

Hey.  Hey.  Hey, Blog.  How you doing?  

Yeah, yeah, it's been a while.

Well, you know, I've been busy.  

With stuff.  I was on Law & Order, doing stand up, things like that.

I thought about you every day.  Honestly, every day.  Wondering who's been looking at you, all the fun and funny times we had.

Dammit, look at me when I talk to you!  

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I don't mean to snap.  I know you're been hurt.  I know you feel abandoned.  But we have a chance, Blog.  A chance to start over again.

Yeah, I mean it.  To quote The Lion in Winter (which I did a reading of at the National Arts Club in Gramercy), I want us back, the way we were.

You know it, Blog!  We'll be making fun of people and things and we'll be all irreverent  and yet honest and heartfelt and all that crap!  It'll be BETTER than it was before!  

No, seriously, I believe that.  Well, there is always that possibility, I could get busy again with all kinds of crazy amazing stuff.  God willing that happens, I have bills to pay so I can get on the internet to be with you, Blog!  You need to understand responsibility!

Yes, that is basically what I am saying, I am doing this all for you!  What do you mean I do it for my ego?  That's a terrible thing to say!  YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Why does it always come down to this, Blog?  Why do we always start yelling?  

NO, YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER!  

OK, FINE, I'M DONE, DO YOU HEAR ME!?!??!  I'M THROUGH WITH THIS.

*stomps away*

...

......

.........

*tap tap tap*

I'm sorry.  I didn't mean it.  

Let's just take it one day at a time and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment